Below are speaking notes to the submission I made to Council on 24 February 2016
“Thank you for the opportunity to provide feedback and in a timely fashion so that it may be considered before finalising the Annual Plan for 2016/17
The Annual Plan was presented online for feedback. It looked very professional, lots of special web effects, cool graphics. When I peeled back the layers, what I found was;
- There is a lot of information to go through –too much and; not integrated and joined up for communities to get a sense of what is planned for their community
- Information about significant projects (such as Medium Density Housing in areas of Newlands, Island Bay and Khandallah) was not easily found and in fact one could say was conveniently ‘hidden’ under other subject matter – Strengthening our Town Centres (Tawa and Karori)
- Information was not current- relating to 15/16 not 16/17
- Projects (which are a big part of discretionary spend) There was no simple integrated list of key projects city wide
- There were no clear performance indicators both past and present. If you don’t effectively measure and monitor, how do you drive organisational effectiveness, know where to improve, what to stop, what to continue, what else is required?